Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Giving & Receiving


A few more that I feel I need to put together for reasons unbeknownst to me.
I got a preview of the new LAKE album, due out in a couple weeks, and must say that I am a fan. While not achieving the greatness of 2009's Let's Build a Roof, it's an impressive effort. I like that LAKE is retro in a way that's not especially hip. They're doing a more indie rock interpretation of 70's soft rock and I have to appreciate that and marvel at how they live out their vision.
DJ Dogwater's newest, Back From Fighting Nazis on the Moon, has a little ditty that is ready to be put on repeat.
The Ovens tape has been slowing becoming a favorite of mine. I declare "This Disaster Was Brought to You By Heterosexuality" as its pop single.
LAKE- Roger Miller (off Giving and Receiving, coming out April 12th on K Records)
DJ Dogwater- Bumper Lullaby (off Back From Fighting Nazis on the Moon)
The Ovens- This Disaster Was Brought to You By Heterosexuality (off their Self-Titled album)

No comments:

Post a Comment