Friday, October 23, 2009

Christina Antipa


Coming through sacramento not only brought us a wonderful set by Poppet, but also some hang time with the lovely Ms. Christina Antipa, the former Seattle-ite, who released my favorite album of 2009, The Royal We.
This album makes me insane. Pedal steel country to drum machine indie slow dances, it is pretty much everything I've ever wanted out of an album (hyperbole?...maybe). I thought I'd be too much of a fanboy to be able to properly coversate, but she is perhaps one of the most easy going folks around and I was able to forget how I swoon long enough to hang for a day.
I did exercise my fandom by getting her to play me some unreleased recordings and I can say to you, my dear record labels and industry execs, to get writing up some contracts now because these jams are hot.
One just recorded the other day is "Where are you Going, Whoever you are," a beautiful piano wonder that I absolutely adore.
Christina Antipa- Where Are You Going Whoever You Are
and, for good measure:
Christina Antipa- Beautiful Place (off The Royal We)

Christina Antipa, Google Maps, and Lettters...reading The Neverending Story

1 comment:

  1. As indie filmmakers, we are always on the lookout for amazing, up-and-coming musicians. We were thrilled to discover Christina Antipa, whose song "Where Are You Going Whoever You Are" will be featured in our upcoming film, "Have You Seen Me?"

    Watch the trailer for the movie at: www.1234pictures.com, or become a fan of the film on Facebook. Just search "Have You Seen Me" on Facebook pages to support and discover a whole slew of amazingly talented indie musicians like Christina Antipa.

    ReplyDelete