Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Coco Rosie Sign to Sub Pop


One of my personal favorites, the always lovely and bizarre Coco Rosie, sign to the record label I bought Mudhoney and Tad records from when I was in middle school. It seems weird, but, yes, Sub Pop announced today that they have signed Coco Rosie and their new album, "Grey Oceans," will be out in May. Bianca Casady from Coco Rosie told Quebec’s Le Soleil last fall that, "We want to return to a more stripped-down, acoustic sound like at the time of La Maison de Mon RĂªve. This is not a setback, just a less stringent way of making music."
I, for one, am pretty excited, since I have been patiently awaiting a follow-up to 2007's amazing The Adventures of Ghosthorse and Stillborn, which had such great moments as this:
Coco Rosie- Rainbowarriors

No comments:

Post a Comment