Sunday, October 10, 2010

RIP Solomon Burke


We'd like to say a farewell to the one-and-only Solomon Burke, who passed away early this morning on a plane to Amsterdam at age 70. Other than always greatly enjoying his music, I don't have a lot to say about the long-lasting, positive soul singer, so I will quote from David Wild in his tribute article in this morning's Huffington Post: "When I woke up this morning to the news of Solomon's death, I thought back immediately to the first time that I ever spoke with him. Solomon ended our conversation by saying, 'May God bless you, son,' in a way that somehow made me feel truly blessed. I know he made a lot of people all over the world feel that way too." That's kinda nice.
Fun fact: he's a father to 21 children and 90 grandchildren(!?!). Woah.
Solomon Burke- Cry to Me

No comments:

Post a Comment